The weather is getting warmer, the school year is almost coming to an end, and it’s almost time to scream “Summer Break!!!”. Summers are always looked forward to because it’s the time to hang out with your friends and loved ones and to relax from a hard year of working and studying. Although, it’s a time to relax, why not go more green and contribute to making the community and world a better place.
Here are some ideas to go GREEN!
- Ride the wheels, take a break from the pedals
- Try as much as possible to refrain from using your car or any motorized vehicles. Moreover, if you own a bike this is the perfect time to get some fresh air and good sunshine while saving the environment one bike ride at a time.
- Now that school is out of session and you have more free time, why not gather some friends and volunteer at your local charity to make a difference and to help the community. Furthermore, everyone can use an extra hand.
- Skip bottle waters
- Have you seen the new trend going around? #SAVE THE TURTLES! and it’s true! Invest in a simple inexpensive reusable water bottle and join in on saving the planet, one turtle and one ocean at a time!
- Turn off lights when you leave the room
- Support your local economy and shop at your local farmers market!
- Line dry your laundry
- Summers are filled with sunny hot days, why not save some energy and hang those clothes to dry in the backyard/patio
- Unplug unused chargers and appliances
- Since being at home less during the summer is usual, when you leave the house unplug that phone charger and tv. No one’s going to use it.
- Stop using disposable bags
- Plastic bags are slowly being banned from state to state, contribute to the trend and order some reusable bags. In addition, this will contribute to the plastic awareness in saving our planet
- Donate and shop at thrift stores
- It’s about that time to clear away old and unused clothes from the year, why not contribute to the textile recycling solution! You’ll be supporting your local economy and you’ll be saving money! Click here for more information on how to donate and even host a fundraiser!
Although, it’s the season to be stress free, let’s all come together to make the world a better place.
These are some solutions to go green this summer!